- Combine apples, oranges, spices, and sugar in a large stockpot over medium heat. Cover with water, leaving about two inches of space at the top.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, then cover and simmer for about 2 hours or until the apples are completely soft.
- Remove oranges, then mash apples using a potato masher or wooden spoon. Let simmer uncovered for 1 hour.
- Strain through a mesh strainer or cheesecloth, pressing on solids with a wooden spoon to squeeze all juices out. Discard solids.
- Serve your apple cider warm with apple slices and cinnamon stick.