This homemade hummus recipe by Calfornia Walnuts is quick and easy to make, super-smooth and creamy, and tastes so fresh and full of flavor!
With just two steps, this twist on the classic recipe will upgrade your hummus game. Throw all of the ingredients into a food processor after rinsing your chickpeas, and blend until smooth. It’s flavored with strong accents of roasted red peppers, paprika, and cayenne that blend together effortlessly with tahini, chickpeas, and walnuts.
Enjoy hummus with fresh veggies, slather it on a sandwich, scoop it up with wedges of pita, or even use it as a salad dressing.
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup California walnuts
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed, dried and shell peeled
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water, as needed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Rinse and peel your chickpeas.
- Place garlic in the food processor with the motor running to chop.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until very smooth. Season with salt.
- Serve hummus with cut vegetables or pita bread or pita chips.